Well, actually I do...sort of.
I can choose to let the depression win, or I can choose to do the things I need to do to feel better:
- take my meds;
- get 8 hours sleep each night, TV / computer / phone off and lights dimmed one hour before I sleep;
- exercise 4 - 6 times a week (aerobic, strength, flexibility);
- eat 5 mini-meals each day - protein / carb-balanced diet high in fruits, veggies, and complex carbs;
- limit caffeine / simple carbs;
- drink half my weight (in pounds) in ounces of water;
- pray / meditate daily;
- make a gratitude list each morning and night;
- note my accomplishments each night;
- find time each day for creativity and relaxation; and
- make and keep commitments to myself and to others.
I just spent the past two weeks sick with a sinus cold and depressed; and now that I am coming out of the fog (yet again!), I am hell-bent on squelching any hint of depression in the future. I know it might not be possible, but I'm sure gonna give it a try!