Saturday, September 28, 2013

One Step at a Time

Sometimes I feel like a million points of light shoot out of my head and my attention scatters from one thing to the next like a bumble bee in a field of daisies. 

I am in one of those moods today.

I need to focus on housework and school work - the latter being more interesting - but I just can't seem to do it. My attention is drawn every which way but on either of the two. There is only one way to get myself out of this thought pattern, and that is to break things down into micro-tasks. For example, read three paragraphs of psychology; or unload five dishes from the dishwasher every time I enter the kitchen. Committing to a micro-task is easy to do, and I often find I keep going with whatever I've started. It's the starting that's the hard part - the inertia to overcome.

Okay, that is the plan for the day. Micro-task my way into getting things done!

Sorry for such a lame post. Just had to get my thoughts out to be able to re-focus. 


No comments: