Monday, October 7, 2013

Mental Illness Awareness Week


I just learned that it is Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW). Check out the the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) at www.nami.org for more information.

According to NAMI, "MIAW coincides with the National Day of Prayer for Mental Illness Recovery and Understanding (Oct. 8) and National Depression Screening Day (Oct. 10)." I find this ironic because sandwiched in between is Oct. 9 - my birthday!

One of the reasons I started this blog was to help shed light in dark places - to help contribute to the destigmatization of mental illness. 

In honor of the week, I will post everyday - beginning tonight (after my internship ;) ). I will begin the "7 Habits of Mental Health" series as well as post a few other essays to shine the light even further. So stay tuned!

No comments: