The anxiety has been non-specific - no real source. Just a constant electric cloud hovering around me all day - threatening to zap me at any moment. I feel like running away, but there's no place to go to escape!
What did I learn in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) at the hospital? I should probably pull out my WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) and apply some of the symptom management techniques, such as:
|Shade and Bella|
- Sleeping 8 hours (and only 8 hours) tonight
- Limiting caffeine (uh-oh...)
- Eating lean protein / complex carbohydrate balanced meals
- Drinking half my body weight in ounces of water
- Taking a walk in this gorgeous weather
- Talking to one of my support partners (e.g., my husband)
- Blogging my thoughts out (Done!)
- Praying / meditating
- Spending time with my pets
Okay, that sounds like a plan. Let's see if it works!