Monday, May 25, 2015

Getting Back

It's been a long time since I last blogged. I'm trying to get back into the swing of it, but truth be told, I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of anything lately. I've felt overwhelmed and like a deer in the headlights for the past few months, and it's really bad now. The grey ghost of depression has once again descended upon me. Since my surgery, I've had all too much time to think about past and repeated mistakes and to worry about the future.

I have an opportunity to change my trajectory, however. I can shift my thinking and make life affirming choices today. In addition, I return to work tomorrow. Getting out of the house and focusing on something outside of myself will definitely help. 

Bottom line: I'm going to regroup today, focus on gratitude, do my best each day, and try to live in the present...

...and I'm going to resume blogging. It's good therapy!


No comments: