Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April!



God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things that  I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

 - "The Serenity Prayer", by Reinhold Niebuhr    


Sometimes the best thing to do when working through a problem is to accept that the only thing we can deliberately control in this world is ourselves - our own thoughts, words, and behaviors - and not those of others. Though thoughts and behaviors can at times slip out of our control a bit (as with depression); even then, we can still control our destiny by admitting our own powerlessness and seeking help.

This month, I will focus my efforts and energy on those things I can control and not on those things that cause me concern, but little or no control. Though I may still be concerned about the welfare of others and wish them the best outcome, I will work on that which I can fully control - me!

No comments: