Sunday, June 9, 2013

Taking Down the Weight

Weight issues (up or down) seem to be part of the whole depression thing; and it's no wonder. Exercise is a great way to lift mood. Unfortunately, overcoming inertia is the one thing required for exercising and the one thing a depressed person cannot seem to do. 

Proper nutrition too goes out the window when one is feeling low, and it's another important contributor to brain chemistry stabilization. But Lord knows, the last thing a depressed person does is eat a well-balanced, nutrient-rich diet.

Subsequently, since imploding last September, I have gained twenty-five plus pounds. Today it all came crashing down though. I had an important event to attend, and nothing - no exaggeration here - NOTHING fit me! Even the pants that I recently bought to accommodate the larger me didn't fit! The only clothes that fit me now are my jeans (barely!), my yoga pants, and my many pairs of elastic-waist pajama pants. 

In addition to walling myself in with clutter, like many depressed people, I seem to have walled myself in with fat. The lack of exercise and proper nutrition is holding me back from mental and physical wellness.

This is my goal for the coming week: I will incorporate exercise into my daily schedule and see what happens. I am also going to eat nutrient-dense, lean foods, and drink 8 glasses of water each day. 

Stay tuned! I'll be tracking my progress and set-backs right here on PHTA. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want to exercise together?

pink.hi-tops said...

Dear Anonymous: Yes!

- PHTA