Sunday, July 14, 2013

Anxiety Again

For the first time in a very long time, I feel anxiety gnawing at me - a prickly static of constant worry about absolutely nothing. I forgot what that felt like, because the medication had been working so well. 

I have been a bit off lately with what I need to do to stay mentally healthy. Once again, my sleep schedule is out of whack; and as usual, I haven't been exercising. In addition, I haven't been taking my medication properly - e.g., taking it at 8:00 am one day, and at 11:30 am the next; and missing doses altogether. 

I know you are probably tired of hearing this, but I really, really have to get back on track.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later...

Well, I did it. I exercised for the first time in two (or more?) months, but it wasn't my idea. My husband has been watching me sink backwards and rallied the troops this morning for a family bike ride to Starbucks. I'm glad now that we went, but getting me up and dressed was nothing short of an exorcism! 



The trick will be making sure I get to bed by 11:00 tonight, taking my pills on time, and exercising again tomorrow. I have to have faith that sticking to these basics will pay off in the very near future - if I can just hang in until then.








No comments: