Tuesday, July 16, 2013

PHT Hits the Road


I am sitting here in a hotel room, thunder rumbling outside and a PBS documentary on Lewis and Clark playing on the TV. I'm electrified with excitement right now. 

Yesterday, I set out on a mini-adventure. I headed first to visit my parents in Maryland, and then to Williamsburg, Virginia for an addiction counseling student workshop, where I am now, . This is my first solo trip since my hospitalization last year - and in fact, my first in quite a few years. Another small step for mankind, but a giant leap for me!  

I'm blazing my own personal expedition; and it fills me with gratitude for having been given this whole crazy experience called life. I think I'll open up the curtains, snuggle up in bed, fall asleep to the lightning show, and wake up fully refreshed in the morning.  

Ya' know, I think I'm going to have to do more mini adventures by myself - I kind of like it!














No comments: