Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Road Trip Part II

Do one thing that scares you every day.
 - Eleanor Roosevelt                                      


Notes from the road:

Do something that scares you. Do something that scares you. Do something that...well here I am. On my way back from the conference, I'm sitting here in Cracker Barrel - alone! I don't think I've ever gone to a sit down eatery alone before - not even to a casual restaurant like this. I simply would have diedI know it may sound crazy, but the very thought of it has terrified me. 

Damn you Eleanor Roosevelt!!

Wait, I think...I think I actually enjoy this. I don't know what I was afraid of. The number of people seeing me...seeing me eat and sit alone? I don't think anyone is even noticing me. And no, I won't write in my journal the whole time; and I won't take refuge in my iPhone the whole time either, faking like I'm checking messages... 

Holy cow! I think I just saw myself. Did you ever see yourself? No, I'm not hallucinating. Did you ever encounter someone who totally resembles you?! A young "me" just came in with her husband and baby and at first glance...wow! Ca-razy!!

Ah, dinner. There's something about comfort food...and there's something about being bold and dining alone! I think I'm gonna do this again!


No comments: