Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stupid Vortex...

Well, no I didn't exercise the other day. We were going to take a family bike ride, but mother nature didn't cooperate. I could have gone to the gym, I suppose, but didn't.

Yesterday, was a waste too. I did nothing but lay in bed all day. I think I'm back-sliding a little after the fun and excitement of last week with family.

In fact, I find myself this week in that critical space where choices are made. I stand at a precipice. To my back is normal life activity and relative contentment, and before me, the seductive Vortex wooing me with false promises of rest and safety. I feel its gravity slowly winding around me, pulling me closer to the edge.

I have been staring at the TO DO list on my desk all morning. I just want to crawl back into bed. I'm not tired, I just want to encase in a cocoon and shut down.

And yet, something stops me. What did I learn in group therapy? What am I supposed to do to shift my mood? Change one part of the chemical formula to get a different result. Okay, that is what I will do.

Sorry for the lame-o blog post. Part of changing the formula is for me to actually post on my blog this morning - even though I am struggling with it.




No comments: