Thursday, August 29, 2013

Gotta Be a Loser

Okay folks, I'm done with myself...again!

You see, my beautiful sister-in-law and her adorable husband are renewing their vows tomorrow in celebration of their 10-year anniversary. There will be a grand party afterwards - not as formal as a wedding, but dressier than casual.

Last night, I tried on every dress I owned and NONE of them would even zip partially up the back!

This morning, for morbid curiosity, I weighed myself and I am a ripe 175 lbs!! An all-time, all-time high for me!

This evening, I went to the local department store to try desperately to find something I could wear. Out of 15 dresses, here were a couple of the best:


Grandma Fletcher

Stripes?! What was I thinking?!

I finally settled on a zipperless, waistless tent dress...

I can't even show you the other selections - just too embarrassing - and mind you, all of those I tried on were in a larger size than I have ever worn. I truly hit bottom - a BIG bottom today!

Right after I left, I went to Starbucks to drown my sorrows; and it was there that I decided I would begin to get back on track immediately. Rather than order the usual venti coffee with half-and-half and sugar, I ordered a venti unsweetened passion iced tea.


Pure heaven! I think I've fallen in love! 

For dinner, I had salad with light dressing and chicken breast; but then, things fell apart...




...oh well. Pick yourself up and move on tomorrow, Karen.


No comments: