Saturday, May 3, 2014

First Check-in


You have only just begun to discover your magnificence. This period of your life marks a New Beginning. You can feel it. And you have only just begun to know the treasure and the glory of You.

                                                                    - Neale Donald Walsch, Facebook post, 5/3/14


So I lied. I'm not going to update you once a week; I'm taking you along for the ride with me.

Crikey, this is going to be a loooong journey; but I'm ready to do it. I monitored my calorie intake today. (I know it's not on my mental wellness list of things to do, but it works for me. I'm very data-oriented at times.) I also drank eight glasses of water, ate protein- / carb-balanced meals, and got in my fruits and veggies. And I walked - about one mile. 

What was hardest today is something I hadn't taken into account. My doctor had been transitioning me off Effexor and onto Wellbutrin; and as of two days ago, I stopped the Effexor entirely. Since then, I have been feeling very...dizzy? Dizzy isn't quite the word...very zingy, like there are electric impulses that occasionally shudder through my head and body. It made walking tonight a challenge. I hope this passes quickly!

At any rate, I intend to repeat the process tomorrow. One day at a time!

No comments: