Monday, May 5, 2014

Motivation

So far, so good! I've lost one pound in two days. I know, however, that this is typical only in the beginning of a weight loss program, and the rate of loss will taper off to about a pound a week in a few weeks.

It's not easy, I have to say. I've had a craving for mac and cheese and caramel popcorn!

One of the things I've done to stay motivated, however, is to create a section in my daily planner for visualizing success. The pictures in there - especially of the outfits that I want to get back into - inspire me in times of weakness. When I want that caramel corn, e.g., I look at my pictures first and decide which I want more - caramel popcorn or cool clothes that fit well! So far, it's really helped me stay on track. 

You see, in the last year, whenever I've had to go to an event that requires more than jeans and an over-sized t-shirt, I've gone into panic mode and have ended up having to buy a new outfit for the event.

I have a closet full of a wide variety of outfits that just don't fit, and it's depressing! 

You know, I think the key to sticking to a weight loss and fitness plan is to find what motivates you personally. 

On another note, that zingy feeling in my head from changing medication seems to be dying down - thank God! I have an appointment today with my psychiatrist, and I'll let him know about it.

Well, I'm headed out know for a good power walk. It's another beautiful day here in Virginia and I want to make the most of it! Hope you have a wonderful day too!

No comments: