Saturday, October 4, 2014

OH KWRAP!

Don't know why, but I've been having an awful lot of trouble getting out of bed in the mornings. I've had sinus problems this week, but I'm not sure that's the cause. 

Then this morning I woke up with a lot of anxiety. There's nothing going on that should cause such anxiety - except maybe the Washington Nationals playoff game today (ha ha). But right now, as I sit here, my stomach is in knots, as if I am about to undergo surgery or have to give an important presentation for which I'm unprepared.

I hate it! I can see how anxiety contributes to depression, because right now all I want to do is crawl right back into bed. The fear subsides when I'm asleep. Well, sort of. I've been having crazy, vivid dreams lately. Some are about flying in an airplane that's crashing; others are about elevators that either drop or do crazy things like going sideways or diagonally; and still others are about being at work (an admin job) and realizing that I've missed several days of work but forgot to call in, so I avoid seeing the boss.

I really wish I could get a handle on this! 

You know, maybe I should consult my KWRAP (pronouced 'Crap'!) {When I was in partial hospitalization, we had to do a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), and I added 'Karen's' to the title, thus, "KWRAP"!} This is the document that contains my action plan for what to do when I'm not well. I haven't consulted it in over a year, but perhaps this is the time.




No comments: