Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thoughts

So I know I promised to complete the mental health series - which was originally supposed to be done during Mental Illness Awareness week - two weeks ago. But alas, I've gotten behind once again.

Haven't been feeling well lately. I've had a difficult time sleeping  - not lack of sleep, but sleeping too much. My energy level has plummeted. In addition, I've been sick for the past few days. (Sorry for the woe-is-me blog, but I wanted to let you know what's up.)


And today, I'm mentally overwhelmed. I have so much to do to catch-up from being sick, yet I feel like a deer in the headlights!

It doesn't help that I read a blog this morning about a little boy who was bounced around the foster care system - carrying with him a little trash back full of his belongings and his good report card in the hopes of showing that he was worthy of being loved. Well, because he was not a baby, he was never adopted and ended up in the juvenile detention system.

My heart broke in a thousand pieces, and now I'm sad thinking about all the children out there who just want to be loved...

I have to snap out of it and get things done!

I'll just have to take it one step at a time. :/





No comments: