Tuesday, April 21, 2020

[Post 3 of 10]

Album 3: New York · London · Paris · Munich, by M

Sire Records, 1979

If the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack album was the first time I identified with music outside of my parents' taste, this album was the first time I experienced music that really reflected "Me". Still that disco beat, but quirky, fun, Euro-dance, electronica.* This album features the Billboard hit song, Pop Muzik. 

Adolescence is a tumultuous stage of development to be sure. Ultimately, though, it is a time of self-discovery; and music can play a key role. Not only can we distinguish ourselves from previous generations, but we distinguish ourselves from each other with the music that speaks to us individually.

And that's kinda cool! 

I don't listen to it often enough, but it remains one of my all time favorites!

*...my own, non-musician terminology ;)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will have to give it a listen! you had me at disco--Gabriella