Monday, April 27, 2020

[Post 5 of 10]

Album 5: shake it up by the Cars


Elektra Records, 1981
The Cars were my favorite band in high school from the time I first heard them on the radio, so I can't say that shake it up in particular was THE one album that was so influential in my life. Rather, it was the band itself.

The Cars framed my high school experience. Released in my sophomore year, this was the first album of theirs that I owned. And the first live concert that I ever attended was the Cars' Heartbeat City Tour, the summer after graduating, July 1984, Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, Maryland.

Again their music was fun and quirky and reflective of my adolescent soul. Don't have much more to expound upon, but it comes down to this:


the CARS = HIGH SCHOOL

at least for me. And you know, I still adore them to this day!

"The Cars" album, Elektra Records, 1978


"Heartbeat City" album, Elektra Records, 1984

No comments: