Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Beautiful Day

It is a stunningly beautiful summer day! Light breeze, low humidity, temperature 79˚, and a cloudless, azure sky! A tough day to be inside cleaning, but that's exactly what I'm doing.

Another step to mental wellness is surrounding yourself with an organized, aesthetically appealing environment. It helps seal up the Vortex and lifts one's mood instantly.

For a long time now, however, my bedroom has been the antithesis of clean, organized, and appealing; so yesterday, I began working on it. Like so many things that are good for me, though, it was soooo hard to get started. When I thought of the entire process, it was overwhelming; but when I finally broke it down into mini-tasks, the project was well underway. 

Today the clean-up part is done, and I am ready to work on the organizing and aesthetics. By tonight, I should have a brand new room and fresh outlook on the week!

What a far cry from where I was last year at this time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: What lifts your mood? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to share in the comments below or on the PHTA Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pink-Hi-Top-Adventures/411429458973219.





No comments: