Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Rub

I may or may not have mentioned it; but about two weeks ago, the same day I injured my back, I came down with sinusitis and bronchitis. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic and it seemed to help, but it didn't fully clear up the sinus congestion and cough, and the symptoms never fully went away.

This morning I woke with a fever and a full blown cough, so it's off to the doctor for me again. Here's the rub: I cannot take antihistamines because they interact with my medications. (I think the combination drives blood pressure up?)

Don't get me wrong. Antidepressant and anxiety medications saved my life and continue to promote my mental health. However, it stinks that during allergy season or when I have a cold, I have to ride the symptoms out.

If anyone has any ideas for an alternative, I'd love to hear about it!

Stay well friends! :)







No comments: